Saturday, August 27, 2011

run your ACE off Saturday!

I have goals. Some of my goals seem crazy unrealistic! For instance, I
am signed up to run a half marathon Thanksgiving morning. A couple of weeks ago I 
could barely run to the stop sign down the street without huffing and puffing. Okay,
that may be a little understatement, but trust me... I am NOT a runner! So now
I have a blog goal...
Post a Run your ACE off every Saturday! I know... ambitious right?! 
Hopefully, it will help me see my progress and keep me motivated during these ridiculously 
hardruns that I NEED to do. I already feel so behind, but I think I can do it! HA! Oh Gosh,
I need more then "I think I can, I think I can"...... to be able to do this. 


This is the furthest I have EVER ran. It was a long 2.65 miles! Especially, the last
part. I swear it was all up hill. My heart was racing faster then it ever has. I 
honestly was thinking "this is how fast it beats when people die." For all you fellow
runners I wonder if you go through the same amount of doubt in yourself as I 
do when I run.I probably think too much. Here are some examples of my thoughts today on my run:

"Maybe I can run all the way home today"

"I'd be lucky to make it to that tree"(closely in front of me)

"How has only 15 minutes passed?!"

"Okay, you have to run for at least 30 minutes like the training says to do before you even start the official training." 

"holy cow, there is no way I am going to be good during the official training, when I suck at the training before training."

"I so WANT to look like that... which means I have to keep running"(after passing one of those ladies who run in their sport bras who have the BEST bodies in the world)

"I wonder how many miles I would have to run to look like that?"

"Screw it"

"Sweet! 20 more seconds and I will have ran for 30 minutes and I can stop"

"Keep going, I can run a little bit longer"

"Why am I still running? 30 minutes was a minute ago"

"Sweet, someone dropped a dime!"

"I would be so much better at training if running could be like super mario. I could just run through coins and collect them. Oh yeah! I would run so MUCH further.... How could this work?!"

"Why do we pay to run half marathons? They should pay us every mile we pass. Ugh! At least let us earn our money back if we complete it."

"I am dead, just stop running"


At least someone in Peachtree City feels like paying me to run. I found the 
dime today and the rest of the change throughout the week.
Keep it up whoever you are. It sure helps me run!

No comments:

Post a Comment