Monday, September 26, 2011

YUMMY

I have found my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe and thought I would share it with you! 



Chocolate Chip Cookies 
(adapted from Sheena)

2 sticks of butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
3/4 tsp of salt
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Cream butter and sugars. Add one egg at a time(making sure that they are fully incorporated before adding the next egg). Add vanilla. The next part is adding all the dry goods. I like to break it down into 3's so you don't have a flour overload that goes spilling out the bowl. Add 1 cup of flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of baking soda. Mix until fully incorporated. Repeat this step 2 more times so that you have the total amount of flour, salt, and baking soda needed in the recipe. 


Drop a spoonful of cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet, and spinkle a little bit of sea salt on the top. Delicious!! (for all you who know my sea salt addiction--- this is swell). 


Bake at 350° for 11 minutes. Get them out of the oven when they still look slightly gooey in the middle but have light golden edges. 


Enjoy! 

Ps: if you didn't think these could taste any better... add a scoup of Blue Bell's original vanilla ice cream( I guess any vanilla ice cream will work, but I am just overly addicted to Blue Bell's creaminess) in the middle of two cookies. Mind blowingly good! TRUST ME! I have references!


Also, If any of you believe that you have an even better recipe, leave it in a comment. I will test it out. However, if it worse.. I might be upset! :) 

Have a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment